Wednesday 17 June 2015

My usual pre christmas cleaning routine

My festive cleaning routine

Does anybody else have one of these? Every year on the run up to Christmas (normally the start of December) I have a huge binge cleaning day.
Here is what I get up to

IN THE MORNING
Living room:
Strip the sofa of its covers & cushion covers, pop them in the wash.
When the sofa is put back together I add extra cushions and throw blankets on to keep cosy.
 Add a festive plug in air freshener to the room

All rooms:
Spot clean the carpet, then go over the whole carpet with skake n vac and/or baking soda. Hoover up after an hour.
 Take down all curtains and nets and give them a wash, wipe around all window seals and clean the windows.
Pull out all units and hoover behind them, taking everything off and dusting as I go. Clear off any junk that shouldnt be there.

Bedroom:
Hoover of the matress
Dust my daughters memory area
Tidy my dressing table and bin any rubbish
Sort out the bedside table and clothes draws
Add a festive plug in air freshener to the room

Bathroom:
Do my usual all bathroom clean

Kitchen:
Do my usual kitchen cleaning routine
Bleach the sink and clean the drain
Vinegar the washing machine to keep it clean and running well
 Pull out all oven racks, soak them and scrub the innter oven with vinegar and baking soda
Vinegar in the kettle for a boil to clean

This will take me all morning and some of the afternoon. Around 4 I will start putting the Christmas tree up, lights and holly wreath on the door. Get the home very fresh and festive.
That evening I most likely wont feel like cooking so will order s takeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment