Wednesday 3 June 2015

My fave lip products for every season! Higher end and the dupes!


I love changing up my style every season and my lip products are no exception to that rule!
There is something about the changing weather that I associate with different make up hues (and hair!) Today I want to speak about lip shades and why I choose them. These products range in price from £1 to £24. So there is something for everyone, and I love a good dupe! So lets get started!

So lets start with spring.
When I think of spring I think of pastels. Pinks and peaches automatically come to mind!
I prefer a matt lip look in spring, Subtle light shades are classic and here are a few of my personal faves.

This is by a company in Austrailia called "Bloom" (The name is sooo fitting!)
They come in all sorts of colours but my personal fave is Rhubarb,
(The light one on the end!)
Its a lip stain, so that means it dries up matt and stays on your lips all day. its reminds me of fresh watermellon and raspberries. This costs around £12 and can be ordered from the Bloom website.


If £12 is a bit out of budget for a lipstain then try the MUA pen stains! They are awesome and work just as well. While they look a little less glamourous I find the products to be essentially the same. Priced at just £3 each (I got mine for £1 in the online sale!!) who can say no?


Next up is summer
Now in summer I like a wet look to my lips, even just a little sheen can bring a look to life and catch the sun light. When I think summer I think pinks and rose. Bright, glossy fun and alive.
For this look I use two products. My first is a lip stain.

I Like to use the Posie tint by Benefit. It can be rather pricey retailing at £24.50 but the look it gives is very pigmented and I love the benefit products. This can also be used on the cheeks for an all over pink glow.


If £24.50 cant be justified on a lip product all is not lost! Try the brand W7.
As you can see these are essentially the same product and this one sells for £4.95 VERY reasonable and a great dupe! The colours are very similar once applied.

Now for the over gloss I like to use Nars lip gloss in shade striptease. This is very pigmented for a gloss and leaves behind a flirty wet look, the price is £19.
 

If you are after something a little more tame try Vaseline. I think the nicest one is "Pink bubbly" and they normally only cost a few pounds per tin.


Now for Autumn/Fall
The best time of the year I think! This is when my nudes and purple hints come out to play!

I normally keep this basic and just go for a gloss, I like Bobbi Brown Chocolate Raspberry. its £24 for 10ml or £18.50 for 7ml. Its a bold purple colour that cannot be missed.

For a much cheaper alternative try Lips are sealed by MUA, this baby is a tiny bit lighter and just £1!

If im not in the mood for a gloss I like using LUSH it started with a kiss apple lip balm. Its perfect and the standard you would come to expect from LUSH. The taste is devine and the colour reminds me of fallen bright red leaves. This costs £5.95.

A great one to try for £2 is MUA Rouge Rumba sweet sheen lip balm, its just as nice.


And lastly, winter
 For this season I love snappy reds (think Santa!) they are great for all the wonderful Christmas parties as well as day to day wear against the pale cold skin.

For a stain I am going to recommend Stiff Upper Lip by Younique. Its quite pricey with a £18 price tag but the colour is very intense and long-wearing. Its correctly named as a very British shade matching our busses and postboxes.


A good dupe of this has to be W7 A hint of Bali lip stain. Although its not the exact shade of intense red its still an amazing shade by its own right and a pretty amazing buy at £4.95

But I also love a nude lipstick for day wear. Perfect for this season and is a very warm greating colour. It reminds me of hot pears and cinnimon sprinkles.
I use Kate by Rimmel. Its shade 03 and is a dupe of the Velvet teddy by MAC. It costs around £4 and is my all time fave.


That concludes my post on lip products by season. Its a pretty simple post but I hope you all find some products here you want to use. I have tried everything and highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment