Thursday 8 December 2016

Blogmas 2016 - Day 5 - Little things I only do in the winter around the home

Blogmas day 5


This is just a little list about the things I do in the winter around my home
that I tend to avoid doing any other time of the year.
Some of you may find these a little odd.
Some may already do all of these.
& maybe some of you will want to try some?
Let me know!




Warming of the jarmies!

On the bottom of the bed, every evening, about half an hour before my partner comes home from work, I warm our PJs.


I take our folded PJs and place them either side of a heated hot water bottle. I then place the bundles on the bottom of our bed. So when its time to get changed we have warm cosy Pjs to climb into.

Now this could be done eaily over the heaters right? But there is something so simple and rustic about the hot water bottle method that I just love. Its a cute little tradition that I plan on keeping up as long as I can.

TIPS:
Afterwards, leave the hot water bottle down for kitty!





Boiling of the fruits

A homemade home airfreshener.
I have Yankee candles. I have fabreeze. I have over priced plug ins.
However I find THIS is how you get the smell of the festive season into your home.


Take a sauceplan and fill it halfway with water.
Throw in some left over sliced fruits, herbs and spices. Even pine and wine is great with this.
Now let it simmer for an hour or so. Your whole home with be warm and smell of the christmas sprit!

TIP:

No ingredients as above? Try simmering festive soaps and gels!
Lush christmas samples work great for this!





The Twinkle of the Home

I light every room. I have star lights this year (poundland find!) and I have draped them
over a stags head in the bedroom.
They make the cutest night lights ever.



Ive also draped them over our bathroom mirror.
It makes our whole bathroom look dewy and relaxing.

I leave the twinkle lights on almost all of the time, I dont turn them off. Same with battery candles.
I love my home having this magic warm glow when you walk into any given room.

Tip:
Use battery lights. They last ages and ages and are more versitile.
*Kodak batteries jumbo packs in poundland work fine for this*




The softening of the home

Cushions.
Normally in winter I put out fluffy or furry cushions.
This year I got these in poundland and they have taken
over my life.
I still cannot believe how nice they are for a pound,
feels like a joke.



Tip:
These cushions can go litterally anywhere.
Dining chairs, sofas, beds, seats...
But I love the idea of popping them in a little reading nook.
And they look super cute all bundled together.





So concludes Blogmas day 5
I may edit this with more at a later date.











No comments:

Post a Comment