Monday 5 December 2016

Blogmas 2016 - Day 1 - The Tree

Blogmas day 1

Our home decor theme this year:
Winter Wonderland

Colours used:
Blues, silvers and golds.







Warm tone lights, total bargain from wilko - 2 sets at £6 each.
Last year I made the mistake of using cold tone lights and it was just too
much with the white tree and cold colour decor.

Our living room is dark blue with all white furniture and gold and blue accents,
so as you can imagine the colours really compliment it.

Ive also added lots of glass and crystal elements to the living room, so it
all ties in beautifully. Think I will upload pictures of the completed look
during blogmas.






  This is the main decorative element from my living room coffee table.
Charger plate from poundland could you believe. Stag from wilko at just £1.50.
Candles are battery op and ive had them a good couple of years now.
The rest is is just pinecones I found on a walk round our area and some baubles I
had left over.
Ive had loads of compliments on it so that makes me pretty happy.






Im rather in love with the colour scheme. 
It feels very "adult" and just works with our home.
As a child I loved a good old green tree smothered in multicoloured 
decorations, chunky tinsel and little wooden drummers, but in our adult home
I am just not sure it has much of a place.

Merry Christmas!
Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment