Wednesday 1 July 2015

My basic speed cleaning kit - 20 mins to a clean home

 A speed clean is just that, Its quick. Its a great clean for before guests arrive or just a fast clean for an on-the-go lifestyle.
I put myself together a little speed cleaning kit a while back. I keep it in a basket as I can just grab and go (which saves me time searching for everything).
It only has teh basics in it as this is a basic clean. I dont need the polish, drain unblocker, limescale remover, vannish bar and all that jazz just for a basic clean.

I will share with you my little kit and routine and see what you think.

On average, it takes me around 20 mins to clean my one bed apartment every day if its a speed clean.
Obviously there are times where you need a deep clean and that takes a lot longer. But for an everyday wipe down, this is what I do:

Contents:

1 x bottle of homemade anti bac
1 x bottle of home made air freshener / fabric freshener
1 x bottle of stronger non-diluted cleaner
1 x kitchen roll / paper towels
1 x sponge with a stronger side and a softer side
1 x re-usable firm cleaning cloth
1 x pair of gloves



Extras I often add in:
Bag for rubbish
Bleach bottle
Ready wet wipes


What else I use that is not in my kit:
Hoover
Washing up liquid
Mop
Empty medium - large basket


The routine:

I start by going into the kitchen and filling up my sink with water and washing up liquid ready for the dishes to go in and soak for a bit.
While I am waiting for my sink to fill up, I often give my surfaces and oven top a very quick wip-down.
I pop all the dishes into the sink to soak, I grab my speed cleaning basket and leave the kitchen.
Next I make my way into the living room.
Open up all the curtains and open the windows for some fresh morning air.
Pick up all the trash in my rubbish bag and junk that made its way into the front room I pop into my empty basket to transport it to the correct room in.
I plump up my sofa cushions and pop the remotes on the side table.
Tidy up the cats bed and toy area, then wipe down any surfaces with anti bac and kitchen roll.
  I then make my way into the hallway and into the bathroom. First thing I do is wipe down the sink and taps with anti bac. The I move round to the bath and do the same. Finally I get to the toilet. I give the back, sides and seat a wipe round with the anti back and pour some stronger cleaner or light bleach round the toilet rim, then flush.
I leave the bathroom and make my way to the bedroom. We have quite a big bedroom so this takes quite a bit of effort.
I pikc up all dirty washing and pop it in the dirty washing tub. Then I make the bed and tidy up the surfaces.
Bin any rubbish open the curtains and windows.
I bring all rubbish backs, dirty washing baskets and my clenaing kit back out into my kitchen. I put it all down and start washing up what has been soaking in the bowl. After that I leave it to drain and wipe round my sink and taps quick.
Next I will pop some washing on and tie up the rubbish into a sack. I take the rubbish out of the house.
Next I hoover up every room, spraying my room spray as I go to get the home smelling lovely.
Lastly, I spray anti bac on my bathroom and kitchen floors and give them a quick mop wipe over.

Thats it, im done. The home look lovely and its only taken up 20 mins of my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment